File intake paperwork.
If you would like your child to receive ABA services at Innovative Behavior Options, we invite you to contact our team. To get started, visit our website and fill out the New Client Application located under the Forms section. We will need the following background information to get started:
- Electronic New Client Application Form
- Proof of Diagnosis
- Applicable Records
- IEP & 504
- FBA & Behavior Plan
- Speech & Occupational Evaluations
- Previous ABA Evaluations
- Psychological Reports- Must be a Full Comprehensive Psychological Evaluation that has been done in the last 3 years.
- Proof of Diagnosis
- Prescription for ABA services written AND signed by a Physician, Pediatrician, etc. (anyone with an M.D. or PhD) dated within the last 6 months.
- Copy of current insurance card
- Policy holder’s first and last name with a copy of the insurance card front and back
Verification of Benefits.
In order to verify your health insurance benefits, our team will contact your insurance carrier to find out if you have coverage for ABA services. This process can take up to 5-7 business days.
After we obtain your Verification of Benefits (VOB) from your provider, our team will contact you with the information needed to make an informed financial decision. Important information shared with you will include:
- ABA Coverage
- In-Network or Out of Network
- Deductible (Individual & Family)
- Co-Pay or Co-Insurance Amounts
- Out of Pocket Maximum
Authorize an assessment.
If you have ABA benefits and you would like to use your insurance to pay for services, our team needs to authorize an assessment with your insurance provider. Then, our team will then call the insurance company back. Finally, the insurance company will give us permission to start an assessment with your child. It’s important to note that we cannot start services until we have an authorization.
Schedule an assessment:
After our team has an authorization from your insurance provider, it is time to schedule the Assessment. Our Case Manager will reach out to you to let you know we have the authorization and that the supervisor will be contacting you to set up the initial evaluation. Some important points about the assessment for parents and caregivers:
- The Assessment can take up to 10 hours (this includes direct and indirect time).
- Assessment appointments are typically scheduled in 2-4 hour blocks.
- At the first appointment, the BCBA will meet one-on-one with Parents & Caregivers to learn about your child and your goals for enrolling your child in an ABA program.
- The next several appointments, your child will work one-on-one with a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst) until the Assessment is complete.
After the Assessment is finalized, the BCBA will need time to review the results and write an individualized treatment plan for your child. Once the report is complete, then we will request for an ongoing authorization for services.
Before your child can begin ABA therapy services, our team needs to obtain an Ongoing Authorization from your insurance provider.
First, our team will submit the Treatment Plan to your insurance provider along with a request for ongoing services. Once we have received an Ongoing Authorization, your child can begin services.
How ongoing treatment works:
- Your BCBA has a team of Registered Behavior Technicians. These RBTs are trained on your child’s Treatment Plan, and they meet weekly or bi-weekly with the BCBA to review progress, and always have access to their BCBA to ask questions or seek support.
- Your child will work one-on-one with RBTs. If your child receives ABA multiple times a week, then each RBT will receive supervision during that time.
- Your child will receive regular supervision of their program by your BCBA
Every six months or more, insurance companies require an updated Assessment in which the BCBA will conduct and work on the report during regularly scheduled sessions around that time period. Please make sure any changes are coordinated with the intake staff and/or supervisors to relay to the intake coordinators..